A few pictures of the Yusuf Ziya Öniş Stadium taken during the TFF Second League Kirmizi Group match between Sariyer and Nazilli Belediyespor. The stadium itself was completed in 1988 and hosted many first division matches when Sariyer was in the top flight from 1998 to 1994 and the 1996-1997 season. The stadium has three stands, all covered, that provide a capacity of 10,000. Most of the stadium is colored in the team’s colors–navy blue (to symbolize royalty) and white (to symbolize cleanliness). The stadium is named after Yusuf Ziya Öniş, the first president of the Turkish Football Federation and one of the leaders in trying to bring a professional system to Turkish football. After playing for Galatasaray SK in Turkey and Servette FC Geneva in Switzerland he became president of the Turkish Football Federation from 1922-1926 and of Galatasaray SK 1922-1925. After resigning from this post he became part of the breakaway Güneş Spor Külübü until it dissolved in 1938. Before his death in 1960 he returned for a second stint at the head of Galatasaray SK from 1950-1953. Outside of football, he was also a high ranking executive at both the Türkiye İş Bankası and Denizbank.
Interestingly, despite the stadium being named after a man with close ties to Galatasaray SK, Sariyer currently are very close to Besiktas JK. It is not uncommon to see the scarves of the Çarşı group at Sariyer matches and the two clubs often play exhibition matches against one another, most recently in 2012.